Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

Welcome and introduction

Hello everyone! I'm just going to outline what I have planned for this blog so you know what to expect from it. 

Basically this is an offshoot from KentCoarseKid - a fishing blog run by a friend of mine. Some of you will probably be familiar with it because it will be how you got here, but for anyone who hasn't seen it, it's definitely worth checking out the videos there, as they are all filled with top tips and banter! The reason for starting this blog and vlog to go with it is because I wanted to give you an insight into the behind-the-scenes of KentCoarseKid and also to show you more of my fish ,which occasionally (but not often enough) pop up in the main KCK videos. I also plan on doing more extensive photography and videos of scenery and what the lakes look like that we're fishing. These photos will be included in the videos that I make, some will go on here, and I'll try to find somewhere that I can upload all of them so you can view them at your leisure!

A little bit about me as a fisherman - I started fishing in 2010 when Merlin (KCK) suggested that I start fishing. I was soon hooked (pardon the poor and much overused pun) and we began to go regularly. At first I was a bit of a novice as you can understand, but with practice, perseverance and a little (really a lot) of help from Merlin I was soon starting to catch decent fish! Now in 2013 I wanted to dip my toes into the water of blogging, and so I decided to buy a camera and start KentCoarseGermanDiaries, or KCGD for short.

Unfortunately I won't be able to get out on the bank for a few weeks due to family commitments like Mother's day and various other things, but the plan is that Merlin and I do a day session on the 24th March, and then there should be one or two overnight sessions from the 31st March until the 12th April! I can't wait to get out on the bank again, and hopefully it should be a lot warmer by then and we won't have to contend with frosts like we did in the last session!

If anyone's interested, the camera I've decided to buy is the Canon EOS 60D, because it has a lot of nice features and I already have a decent telephoto zoom lens to stick on it, which should make long range wildlife shots a doddle!

That's it for now, I'll post again early next week with some pictures when the camera has arrived and I've tried it out a bit - I'm quite excited if I'm honest!

4 comments:

  1. sounds great. fishing is great fun and i'm sure you will have some great videos. If you are fishing at wylands I have arranged to go there for a night session around the same time so may even see you there my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/jake.davison.92

    so if you ever want a chat about fishing I am always up for that good luck with those videos I am sure they will be a good laugh.

    Jake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be great to see you at Wylands! What lake are you planning on fishing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet. proberly new speci. If you email the dates you are going then will make sure I go on the same day. sorry for the late reply been on the river avon for large roach. Had a couple of decent 3lb roach so happy overall my email is jakehdavison@hotmail.co.uk. or you could just facebook me new video is great by the way.

      Jake Davison

      Delete
    2. We will be on New Speci as well - continuing the New Speci campaign! I am not sure when we will be going yet, but I will let you know.

      Delete