Pages

Monday 1 July 2013

Quick review of some Greys accessories, and new purchases!

Hello, today I thought I would share my opinions of some Greys terminal tackle with you, as I went to the tackle shop today to get some bits and pieces before a session tomorrow for carp during the day and eels at night!


In the above picture you can see the Greys Bait Anchors and Extenda Bait Bands. I bought the Bait Anchors a while back on the premise that they held luncheon meat in a similar way to a hair rig, but made it a lot easier to rebait. They really didn't do this, with the meat falling off on the cast or even before! 
The Extenda Bands are similarly useless, with the pellet just pinging out most of the time. Admittedly, soon after buying these I discovered Meaty Meals (see picture), which can be hooked easily and with a lot less hassle!














The things I bought from the tackle shop today included many little bits and pieces for building running rigs - silicone sleeves, running rig rubbers, hooklink clips etc, but I also bought some new scales to replace the Fox Digital Scales that I didn't particularly like as it took ages to get them zeroed to the weigh sling, not ideal when you've got a fish on the mat! I therefore decided to do some research, and ended up buying a set of Reuben Heaton Specimen Hunter Scales. These are some of the best scales on the market today, highly accurate and reliable dial scales with a maximum capacity of 60lbs, with 1oz divisions making them good for both large and small fish! They also have a betalight on the needle so you can easily see what the readin is at night. 



They also look really nice, and this set is part of a limited production run of 365!

I'm now going to make some rigs for those slippery eels, and hopefully I'll see you again in a few days with some nice pictures of wild carp and eels!

No comments:

Post a Comment